We're in countdown mode for Super Bowl Sunday. My team's not going to be on the field, but I like both teams (entirely because I like Seattle and I used to live in Boston). Clearly, I don't care who wins - it's all about the food for me. We're going to a party in Tahoe this year, hosted by some close friends. My assignment is to bring an appetizer, so I've been on the hunt for something easy but really good. And this salsa is the winner.
It took about 15 minutes to make, and it's perfect!!!
Restaurant Style Salsa
- 1 14.5 ounce can whole tomatoes with juice
- 1 14.5 ounce can diced tomatoes with green chiles
- ¼ cup chopped red onion
- 2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 whole Serrano pepper stemmed, seeded, and coarsely chopped
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ cup coarsely chopped cilantro
- 1 ½ tablespoon lime juice
- Combine all of the ingredients in the bowl of a food processor fitted with a blade, or a blender. Pulse until you have the consistency you want.
- Refrigerate for up to 2 weeks, and serve with chips.