Orange mango smoothie with lime and ginger for a heart healthy start to the day.
A couple of months ago, I was offered a Ninja blender and I have LOVED using it for all kinds of things. But the things I've enjoyed making the most are smoothies and juices. They're a great way to start the day on a healthy foot, and they just make me feel good.
Sometimes I just use what's in the refrigerator – oranges, ginger, kale, and apples. Other times, I look at what I have in the freezer – berries, mango, or frozen pineapple. This little baby, though, is my current fave: an orange + frozen mango + lemon + lime + ginger. So good.
Orange Mango Smoothie with Lime and Ginger
- 1 Navel orange peeled and quartered
- 1/2 apple peeled and seeded
- 1 cup frozen mango pieces
- 2 small wedges of lime peeled
- 2 small wedges of lemon peeled
- 1 tsp finely chopped ginger or use pre-cut in a jar
- 1/2 tsp honey citrus honey is best
- 3 - 4 ice cubes
- Put all the ingredients in a blender and whirl like crazy until it's all completely pureed.