Easy hummus recipe with a swirl of balsamic roasted tomatoes.
If you follow this blog, you know I’m a list person. Have you ever had something on your to-do list you keep postponing? Not something like ‘clean the bathroom grout’ – that’s in an entirely different category. I mean something you actually want to do. You’re not sure why, but you keep pushing it out on the schedule. The more you postpone, the more difficult it starts to mount in your mind. So you
procrastinate postpone a little more until you realize that years have flown by since you put it on that white board of ideas.
For me, this something is making my own hummus. You were probably hoping for something a tad more exciting. But hummus it is. I love the stuff, and even my husband, Carnivorous Maximus, likes it. I knew it would be easy to make at home since I have a zippy three-bowl food processor, but honestly it’s also easy to buy at the store. Somehow, I just never got around to making it.
But I’m trying to make more pantry items to reduce preservatives and added chemicals I’m likely ingesting, and with the Super Bowl upon us, I decided it was time. Once I actually got my butt in gear, hummus took all of five minutes to make. Seriously. Well, except for cooking the beans. But I usually have them around anyway, and just had to pull them out of the refrigerator. It’s a little embarrassing really. For every one minute it took to make this appetizer, I had about one year of procrastination involved. My excuse now is that making hummus was too easy, and that’s why I didn’t make it right away. I was busy learning how to make puff pastry and grow, harvest, dry, and make my own stevia sweetener.
This hummus is good all by itself, but I had some Balsamic Roasted Tomatoes hanging out in the refrigerator, and stirred them in. So, so good, and so much more fresh than any store-bought hummus I’ve had.
And I admit it feels fantastic to finally cross this item off. Now I can move onto the other 5,287 things on the list.
Many thanks to Hezzi-D at Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks for hosting us this week on #SundaySupper. The theme this week, fittingly, is all about Super Eats for Game Day. If you’re looking for ideas, here’s a feast of them. If you already have your plans all set – no worries! Winter Olympics are coming up, and these treats will work just fine for those events too.
Make sure you check out all the Game Day deliciousness we are sharing this Sunday!
Game Day Appetizers:
- Honey Mustard Pretzel Crunch from Shockingly Delicious
- Salt and Vinegar Wings from Casa de Crews
- Saucy Wings and Thighs from Hot Momma’s Kitchen Chaos
- Macaroni and Cheese Spring Rolls from Jane’s Adventures in Dinner
- Steak Rolls from Cravings of a Lunatic
- Alpine Sliders from Manu’s Menu
- Hellfire Wings from Yours and Mine Are Ours
- Easy Nacho Bar from Momma’s Meals
- Jalapeno Popper Taquitos from Curious Cuisiniere
- Skinny Game Day Guacamole Potato Skins from Daily Dish Recipes
- Buffalo Chicken Lasagna Cups from Alida’s Kitchen
- Spinach-Stuffed Jalapeno Poppers from La Cocina de Leslie
- BBQ Veggie Mini Burgers from Happy Baking Days
- Spicy Roasted Corn Shrimp Dip from Food Lust People Love
- Honey-Sriracha Pigs in a Blanket from Hip Foodie Mom
- Beer Cheese Fondue from Melanie Makes
- Cheesy Artichoke and Garlic Bread from La Bella Vita Cucina
- Whole Wheat Pepperoni Pizza Bites from Meal Planning Magic
- Personal Chili Pots from MealDiva
- Italian Spring Rolls from Noshing with The Nolands
- Mexican Meatballs with Queso Blanco from Cooking on the Ranch
- Parmigiano Crisps from The Not So Cheesy Kitchen
- Buffalo Chicken Potstickers from Peanut Butter and Peppers
- Mediterranean Nachos from The Little Ferraro Kitchen
- Chinese Barbecue Wings from girlichef
- Mini Veggie Quesadillas from Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Roasted Tomato Hummus from The Wimpy Vegetarian
- Cashew Baba Ghanoush : Roasted Eggplant Dip from Sue’s Nutrition Buzz
- Buffalo Chicken Wing Dip Potato Skins from Family Foodie
- Lemon Bay Pan Roasted Shrimp from A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventure
- Honey Sesame Seed Crackers from Kudos Kitchen By Renee
Game Day Entrees:
- Super Sloppy Joes from The Foodie Army Wife
- Buffalo Chicken Chili from Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Mini Meatball and Mozzarella Sandwiches from Cookin’ Mimi
- Super Bowl Bento from Ninja Baking
- Vegetarian “Chorizo” and Black Bean Chili from Foxes Love Lemons
- Twice Baked Chili Cheese Potatoes from Neighborfood
- Barbecue Chicken Sloppy Sandwiches from Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Easy Vegetarian Chili from Delaware Girl Eats
- Game Day Chili from Bobbi’s Kozy Kitchen
- Dr. Pepper Turkey Chili from The Texan New Yorker
Game Day Desserts:
- Heavenly Hash Cookies from The Foodie Patootie
- Cookie Dough Billionaire Bars from That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Chocolate Streusel Bars from Magnolia Days
- Coffee Chocolate Swirl Cheesecake Squares from Desserts Required
- Microwave Caramel Popcorn from Pies and Plots
- Mini Coconut Cups from Basic N Delicious
- Triple Chocolate S’mores Brownies from Take A Bite Out of Boca
- Cracker Jack Candy from What Smells So Good?
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter every Sunday!
We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world.
Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag
and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat.
our #SundaySupper Pinterest board for more fabulous recipes and food photos.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy! You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.Pin It