I have a new favorite condiment from Gourmet Garden.
No, this is not a sponsored post. I should get that out of the way pronto with you. I'm just a huge fan.
I've been using Gourmet Garden products for over a year now, and have never been disappointed. The newest line I love is their lightly dried herbs. They started showing up in my local market a few months ago, and the Lightly Dried Ginger is the first one I've been have some kitchen fun with. I used it in a chowder soup that serves up flavors of the Islands - it will be published on the Idaho® Potato Commission site around May 1 on here on The Wimpy Vegetarian over the weekend.
And now I've used it on this super-easy citrusy-gingery roasted carrots. We're huge ginger fans here at home, so we loaded it up. But feel free to adjust the amount of ginger to suit your own tastes - it's potent. Nothing shy at all about it.
Here's an alternate citrus glazed carrots recipe that uses this same Lightly Dried Ginger.
Citrus Roasted Carrots with Ginger
- 1 bunch of baby carrots about 5 inches long, and 1 inch in diameter at their tops
- ⅓ cup freshly squeezed orange juice
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon grated ginger I used Gourmet Garden Lightly Dried Ginger
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- Preheat the oven to 400˚ F. Line a baking sheet with foil.
- Slice off the tops from the carrots, peel them, and slice it half lengthwise.
- Combine the remaining ingredients and warm enough to melt the butter. Place the carrots on the foil and form and pouch around them. Pour the the orange juice mixture over them and lightly close the foil around the carrots.
- Roast for 15 minutes. Undo the foil, spread out the carrots, face down, and roast an additional 10 minutes. Serve warm.
These carrots sound so good. Thank you.
Admin, if not okay please remove!
Our facebook group “selfless” is spending this month spreading awareness on prostate cancer & research with a custom t-shirt design. Purchase proceeds will go to cancer.org, as listed on the shirt and shirt design.
Low Carb Recipes
Oooh this is so simple but looks amazing. Will give these carrots a try! Pinned