These air fryer fingerling potatoes are crispy on the outside and soft on the inside. They're sliced in half, tossed in some oil and seasonings and air fried for 10 minutes.
This is a perfect, easy and fast recipe that goes with almost any meal, and everyone loves, or use it as a party appetizer with a dip!
If you're looking for a last minute side dish that the whole family will love, make these Air Fryer Fingerling Potatoes. They're great all year round, are perfect with casual meals like this Crispy Black Bean Burger, or an Asparagus Quiche for breakfast or brunch. and look special enough for a holiday dinner.
And there's no need to peel them, so the prep time is less than 5 minutes! Woo-hoo!!
What are fingerling potatoes?
Fingerling potatoes look like miniature, oblong potatoes, and come in a variety of sizes. They're thin-skinned, so you don't need to peel them. And they roast up crispy on the outside and creamy on the inside.
They are not baby potatoes, but are fully mature. They have a mild potato flavor.
- Fingerling potatoes - at the market, I purchase fingerling potatoes in a mesh bag weighing about 26 ounces.
- Oil - I recommend a neutral oil that's compatible with high heat, such as avocado oil. Olive oil is ok in a pinch, but is inclined to smoke at high temperatures. You don't need much oil for air frying, but some will inevitably drip off of the potatoes and air fryer basket onto the basket base.
- Herbs and spices - rosemary, thyme, dill, oregano and parsley are fabulous with potatoes, as are many spices such as paprika, curry powder and onion powder.
Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links to products and foods I use in my kitchen. This means that at no additional cost to you, I will earn a commission if you click through and make a purchase. To view my entire storefront of recommended kitchen tools and equipment, check out my shop on Amazon.
Step 1 (3 minutes)
Slice the fingerling potatoes. Wash and dry the potatoes. Using a sharp chef's knife, slice them in half lengthwise. Even the small ones.
Step 2 (< 1 minute)
Toss the potatoes. Toss the potatoes in a little avocado oil (or other neutral, high heat oil) and the herbs or spices you want to use. See the Ingredients Section for herb and spice suggestions.
Step 3 (10 - 12 minutes)
Air fry. Arrange in the air fryer basket, facing down, and air fry at 400˚F for 10 - 12 minutes. There can be variation in cook time between different air fryer models.
Serve. Remove from the air fryer and spill the fingerling potatoes back into the bowl you tossed them in with oil and herbs and spices. Toss them in any remaining oil and herbs to re-moisten and serve on a small platter with a sprinkling of fresh herbs.
For the Meat Eaters at the Table
Toss with fried bacon lardons.
Air fryer fingerling potatoes are perfect for a dinner side dish, or served in place of hash brown potatoes for breakfast.
Air Fryer FAQ
Do I need to boil fingerling potatoes before air frying them?
No. Fingerling potatoes have very thin skins, and crisp easily in the air fryer. However, if you want them super crispy, you can boil them in salted water for 4 minutes.
Do I have to cut the potatoes in half?
No. You can leave them whole, but it will take longer to cook them, and the herbs and spices don't adhere as well.
Want more vegetarian and vegan dish ideas? I can help you. I have three newsletters for different topics: 1) Vegetarian Recipes, 2) Vegetarian Meal Plans, and 3) Vegetarian Tips for helping you to move to a more vegetarian diet. Choose which newsletters are most relevant to your lifestyle and you'll also get my 5 SECRETS TO FUSS-FREE VEGETARIAN DINNERS.
Air Fryer Fingerling Potatoes Recipe
- Before you start. Preheat the air fryer to 400˚F.
- Slice the fingerling potatoes. Wash and dry the potatoes. Using a sharp chef's knife, slice them in half lengthwise. Even the small ones.
- Toss the potatoes. Toss the potatoes in the oil, herbs, salt and pepper. (Keep the bowl handy for when the potatoes come out of the oven.)
- Air fry. Arrange the potatoes in the air fryer basket, facing down, and air fry for 10 - 12 minutes. (There can be variation in cook time between different air fryer models.)
- Serve. Remove the basket from the air fryer and spill the fingerling potatoes back into the bowl you tossed them with oil and herbs and spices. Toss them in any remaining oil and herbs to re-moisten and serve on a small platter with a sprinkling of fresh herbs.