Easy artichoke dip of artichoke hearts and manchego cheese for any casual party. Bonus: make it in 10 minutes!
Tapas are appetizers, finger food, or small plates that are shared, all perfect for watching football or just gathering with friends.
I could have gone all complicated with something tasty but requiring 10,000 steps, but in the interest of simplifying my life, I chose this very simple but killer-delicious spread. I like it so much I think I'm going to add a little ricotta cheese and try it in a lasagna. Or spread on the bottom of roasted red pepper galette. But for now, because of that whole simplifying thing I'm trying, I think I'll just slice up a baguette, slap some Humboldt Fog cheese on a board, and dish up this amazing spread that took all of 10 minutes to make.
Another easy dip is this bread dipping oil. It's a delicious, restaurant style bread dipping oil that uses fresh herbs, garlic, grated Parmesan cheese, and a few spices.
Artichoke Heart and Manchego Cheese Spread
- 2 cups marinated artichoke hearts in a jar drained
- 6 regular sized pitted green olives
- ½ cup grated manchego cheese
- ¼ cup minced parsley
- 1 tablespoon pine nuts
- ⅛ – ¼ teaspoon Pimentón de la Vera
- ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 baguette thinly sliced
- 1 - 2 glasses of your favorite wine
- 1 crowd of friends
- Combine all of the ingredients in the bowl of a food processor, except the oil. (Also excepting the baguette, wine, and friends.) Process until blended. Drizzle in the oil while processing to a fairly smooth consistency.
- Spread on thinly sliced wafers of baguette, and enjoy with a little wine and a group of friends.