Gazpacho shooters are a perfect way to kick off a summer party. I like to start a summer party with cheese, crackers, hummus, and some grapes or cherries. Just as I put the meat / fish on the grill for the non-vegetarians in the group (which is usually everyone), I bring out a pitcher of gazpacho and little glasses. If the gazpacho is more puree than chunky, guests can drink it right from the glass. But I like my gazpacho a little chunky, so I serve it in a short glass with a spoon.
Gazpacho Shooters #SundaySupper
- 3 cups V8 juice
- 2 pounds tomatoes 7 medium, seeded and diced
- 2 English cucumbers peeled and diced
- 1 white onion finely diced
- 1 red pepper diced
- 3 to matillos diced
- ½ Serrano chile pepper
- 1 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- Juice of 1 ½ limes to taste
- ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 slice bread crusts removed and torn into 4 pieces
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- ¼ tsp ground black pepper
- Combine the juice, tomatoes, cucumbers, onion, tomatillos and both peppers into a large bowl. Stir to mix up a bit.
- Add the Worcestershire, lime juice, olive oil, bread pieces, and salt into the container of a blender or food processor. Whirl like crazy until pureed, and pour into the soup.
- Stir in the black pepper and a few drops of Tabasco, and adjust for any seasonings and lime juice. Chill for at least 3 hours, or ideally overnight. Serve well-chilled.
This week’s theme on #SundaySupper is Farmstand Food, hosted by Colleen of Foodie Tots with assist from DB at Crazy Foodie Stunts. If you’re planning a trip to the Farmer’s Market this weekend, go check out the rest of the dishes!
Appetizers, Sides and Salads
- 8 Grain Bread by What Smells So Good?
- Farm Fresh Gazpacho by An Appealing Plan
- Farmer’s Market Potato Salad by Bobbi’s Kozy Kitchen
- Fennel and Orange Salad by Feeding Big – and more!
- Gazpacho Shooters with Avocado and Corn Salsa by The Wimpy Vegetarian
- Grilled Peach Caprese by A Gouda Life
- Grilled Prosciutto Corn by Palatable Pastime
- Peach Caprese Salad by The Joyful Foodie
- Radish Top Pesto by Our Good Life
- Carrot Ravioli with Broccoli-Ricotta Filling by Caroline’s Cooking
- Farmers Market Pizza by Simply Healthy Family
- Farmstand Kebobs with Tahini Dipping Sauce by Jane’s Adventures in Dinner
- Gemista (Greek Stuffed Tomatoes) by Curious Cuisiniere
- Halibut with Sugar Snap Peas, Mushrooms and Potatoes en Papillote by Crazy Foodie Stunts
- Spaghetti and Zoodles with Vegetable Bolognese by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Spaghetti Squash Shrimp Pesto by Tasting Page
- Squash Blossom, Zucchini and Gouda Frittata by FoodieTots
- Sweet Corn Chowder with Crabmeat by The Redhead Baker
- Vegetable and Chicken Shish Kabobs by The Freshman Cook
- Ziti with Bacon and Greens by Cooking Chat
- Chaussons aux Pommes by Food Lust People Love
- Classic Peach Pie by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Dairy Free Peach Mango Lassis with Coconut Whipped Cream by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Lemon Curd Raspberry Crumb Bars by Wallflour Girl
- Lemon Tart by Brunch with Joy
- Peach Berry Cocktail by Cosmopolitan Cornbread
- Peach Cobbler with Blueberry Biscuits by Food Done Light
- Raspberry Rhubarb Sweet Rolls by Grumpy’s Honeybunch
- Triple Cherry Crisp by Pies and Plots
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.