Easy spread of artichoke hearts and manchego cheese for any casual party. Bonus: make it in 10 minutes!

easy vegetarian spread for Super Bowl football artichoke and manchego cheese spread The Wimpy Vegetarian

It’s all about tapas this week on #SundaySupper. Tapas are appetizers, finger food, or small plates that are shared, all perfect for watching football or just gathering with friends. Many thanks to Constance at the Foodie Army Wife for hosting us this week.

I could have gone all complicated with something tasty but requiring 10,000 steps, but in the interest of simplifying my life, I chose this very simple but killer-delicious spread. I like it so much I think I’m going to add a little ricotta cheese and try it in a lasagna. Or spread on the bottom of roasted red pepper galette. But for now, because of that whole simplifying thing I’m trying, I think I’ll just slice up a baguette, slap some Humboldt Fog cheese on a board, and dish up this amazing spread that took all of 10 minutes to make.

Artichoke Heart and Manchego Cheese Spread: #SundaySupper

Total Time: 10 minutes

Yield: 2 1/3 cups

Pimentón de la Vera is a distinctive spice made from chiles harvested in the La Vera region of Spain and dried over smoldering fires of local oak.

Ingredients...

• 2 cups marinated artichoke hearts in a jar, drained
  • 6 regular sized pitted green olives
  • 1/2 cup grated manchego cheese
  • 1/4 cup minced parsley
  • 1 tablespoon pine nuts
  • 1/8 – 1/4 teaspoon Pimentón de la Vera
  • 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
  • 1 baguette, thinly sliced
  • 1 - 2 glasses of your favorite wine
  • 1 crowd of friends

Directions...

1. Combine all of the ingredients in the bowl of a food processor, except the oil. (Also excepting the baguette, wine, and friends.) Process until blended. Drizzle in the oil while processing to a fairly smooth consistency.
  2. Spread on thinly sliced wafers of baguette, and enjoy with a little wine and a group of friends.
Schema/Recipe SEO Data Markup by ZipList Recipe Plugin

Now take a look at what everyone else in our SundaySupper family is bringing to the table! Go niners!!!

Stuffed Green Queen Olives with Garlic Infused Olive Oil from MarocMama
Balsamic Raspberries with Mascarpone Cream from That Skinny Chick Can Bake
Gambas al Ajillo from Manu’s Menu
Squid in Garlic Chili Olive Oil from Food Lust People Love
Tortilla Española from The Not So Cheesy Kitchen
Croquetas de Pollo from Cookin’ Mimi
Low-Carb Salmon Croquettes from Yours And Mine Are Ours
Bruschetta Topping from What Smells So Good?
Herb Roasted Almonds from Curious Cuisiniere
Artichoke Heart and Manchego Spread on Fried Garlic Bread from The Wimpy Vegetarian
Tortillita de Camarones from Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
Patatas A La Riojana (Rioja-Style Potato & Chorizo Stew) from Cupcakes & Kale Chips
Gambas al Ajillo y Clementina (Shrimp with Garlic and Clementines) from FoodieTots
Tortillas De Papa y Atun (Tuna and Potatoes Tortilla) from Basic N Delicious
Pocky Cake Pops from NinjaBaking.com
Chorizo Filled Dates Wrapped in Bacon from I Run For Wine
Manchego-Stuffed Spanish Meatballs from The Weekend Gourmet
Roast Onions with Blue Cheese and Pine Nuts from Healthy. Delicious.
Shrimp and Chorizo Tapas from The Texan New Yorker
Blueberry and Lemon Yogurt Quesada from In The Kitchen With KP
Chorizo with Spicy Sweet Potato Tapas from Soni’s Food
Chorizo and Manchego Toast Tapas from Family Foodie
Roasted Bone Marrow with Citrus Salad from The Girl In The Little Red Kitchen
Mushroom Chevre Crostini from A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
Serrano Ham and Manchego Croquetas with Smoked Pimenton Aioli from My Other City By The Bay
Krab Filled Avocado Tapas from from Hot Momma’s Kitchen Chaos
Polenta Crostini Bites with Caramelized Mushrooms: Cicchetti – A Venetian Tapas Tradition from La Bella Vita Cucina

And you know you can’t have a party without wine ~ at least you certainly can’t in my house. Martin Redmond is here to give you the perfect recommendations: Best Wines To Pair With Tapas from ENOFYLZ Wine Blog

Sunday Supper MovementJoin the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter every Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. Check out our #SundaySupper Pinterest board for more fabulous recipes and food photos. Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy! You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.

Tags: , ,

59 Responses to “Artichoke-Manchego Spread: #SundaySupper” Subscribe

1. The Ninja Baker January 19, 2014 at 2:08 am #

Your ingredient list is brilliant, Susan…It’s a delicious recipe for living! Thank you for the tidbit about the chiles from the La Vera region of Spain…They sound pricey but divine =)

2. apuginthekitchen January 19, 2014 at 5:04 am #

Wonderful Susan, I love artichoke hearts, on salads or straight out of the jar. Really nice idea adding the pine nuts!
    apuginthekitchen recently posted..Oats for Breakfast- Two Quick And Easy Recipes That I love!!My Profile

3. Mimi January 19, 2014 at 6:23 am #

This looks absolutely delicious!
    Mimi recently posted..White Bean MashMy Profile

4. Jennifer @ Peanut Butter and Peppers January 19, 2014 at 7:02 am #

Ohhhhhhhh, this is just wonderful!! I am loving all of the flavors in it! This would also make for a great snack to accompany mu weekday lunches!
    Jennifer @ Peanut Butter and Peppers recently posted..Giardiniera Salad #SundaySupperMy Profile

5. Constance Smith (@FoodieArmyWife) January 19, 2014 at 7:16 am #

Oh Susan, this looks AMAZING!

6. Eileen January 19, 2014 at 7:33 am #

I think I could eat this everyday!
    Simple to prepare but complex in flavor.
    Cheers!

7. Samantha @FerraroKitchen January 19, 2014 at 8:38 am #

Obsessed with this!! Ever since we got back from Spain, I could not stop eating Manchego!

8. Carnivorous Maximus January 19, 2014 at 11:25 am #

I am ready to be a test subject for this spread. Bring it on! Go Niners.

9. Sarah January 19, 2014 at 12:31 pm #

This is being hidden from my mom – if she sees it she’ll blame me for ruining her diet! It looks so decadent
    Sarah recently posted..Toast Topper #41: Bruschetta Topping – a Tapas #SundaySupperMy Profile

10. Renee January 19, 2014 at 12:48 pm #

I absolutely love those last two ingredients! And the rest of them too. I am seriously making these the next time I have friends over and entertaining.
    Renee recently posted..Herb and Citrus Marinated Olives for #SundaySupperMy Profile

11. Martin D. Redmond January 19, 2014 at 1:15 pm #

Love this recipe! Especially the last two ingredients! I’m gonna have to try this one!
    Martin D. Redmond recently posted..Best Wines To Pair With Tapas #SundaySupperMy Profile

12. Amanda @ MarocMama January 19, 2014 at 1:16 pm #

Tapas are totally a simple comfort food – nothing complicated. This sounds totally delicious, love it!

13. Tammy Northrup January 19, 2014 at 3:53 pm #

I just bought some manchego cheese last night because it was on sale! Funny because I had never heard of it before. I can’t wait to try it in this recipe. Yum!

14. Megan @ I Run For Wine January 19, 2014 at 4:35 pm #

I love manchego, I love artichokes….so I know I will devour this dish. YUM!
    Megan @ I Run For Wine recently posted..Chorizo Filled Dates Wrapped in Bacon for #SundaySupper Tapas Party!My Profile

15. Shaina January 19, 2014 at 4:46 pm #

This spread sounds amazing. Artichokes are the best!

16. Dorothy at Shockingly Delicious January 19, 2014 at 5:01 pm #

Enjoy with “a little wine?” Who are we kidding here?
    Dorothy at Shockingly Delicious recently posted..Black-Eyed Pea Cowboy Caviar for #SundaySupperMy Profile

17. Manu January 19, 2014 at 8:16 pm #

Did I read artichokes and manchego??? Oh boy!! Can’t wait to make this spread!!! Thanks for the recipe!

18. Choc Chip Uru January 20, 2014 at 1:13 am #

Such a delicious cheese spread my friend, I never though of adding artichokes!

CCU
    Choc Chip Uru recently posted..Party In The USA – Part IIMy Profile

19. Rita January 20, 2014 at 1:58 am #

Yumm! You used artichokes hearts that were not marinated, right? And of course pitted olives.

I’ve developed several tapas recipes and make them fairly often, esp as appetizers when I have guests for dinner.

20. Stacy January 20, 2014 at 4:20 am #

If this lovely spread of rich flavors is simple, give me simple every time! I could eat this with a big spoon, Susan! Or I could scoop it up with a carrot stick and pretend to be healthy. Either way, yum!
    Stacy recently posted..Squid with Garlic Chili Olive Oil for #SundaySupperMy Profile

21. Maureen | Orgasmic Chef January 20, 2014 at 4:22 am #

Sunday is Australia Day (our 4th of July) and I’m going to a big picnic and taking this spread. I’m in love with it.

22. Helene D'Souza January 20, 2014 at 6:32 am #

I need more simple recipes such as yours in my life. =)
    Now I just have to wait until I get to some good artichoke hearts. I can taste your dip already! yum!!

23. Cheryl January 20, 2014 at 11:51 am #

Yum, Yum! It sure looks yummy. I have some artichoke hearts just waiting for a recipe, maybe I’ll have to try this! HUGS

24. cheri January 20, 2014 at 12:55 pm #

What a great combination of flavors! Can’t wait to make this dish.
    cheri recently posted..Whole Lemon BarsMy Profile

25. Cindys Recipes and Writings January 20, 2014 at 2:32 pm #

A great combination of flavors, Susan! Wow!
    Cindys Recipes and Writings recently posted..Tortillita de Camarones (Shrimp Cakes) Tapas #SundaySupperMy Profile

26. Norma Chang January 20, 2014 at 3:49 pm #

I know I will love this. Has all my favorite foods in it but best of all it is so simple and no cooking, love, love.

27. Norma Chang January 20, 2014 at 3:51 pm #

Did not do something correctly to have my recent post appear.
    Norma Chang recently posted..Harvest Monday, January 20, 2013 – Eating From Storage + Oven Dried PineappleMy Profile

28. Mary @ Fit and Fed January 20, 2014 at 9:01 pm #

I know I just stopped by here….. but when I saw that title of artichoke hearts and manchego spread I had to stop by again. Talk about two of my favorite ingredients! Looks great for a party or potluck! And I see the nod to Humboldt Fog, as you know we both love that one.
    Mary @ Fit and Fed recently posted..Dal-Inspired Red Lentil SoupMy Profile

29. Soni January 21, 2014 at 7:07 am #

Ooh lovely flavors going on Susan! Love artichoke hearts with the manchego and pine nuts sounds like a great addition too! Cannot wait to try this recipe!

30. Sarah | Curious Cuisiniere January 21, 2014 at 8:28 am #

I love artichokes! I don’t think I would be able to keep my hands out of this one!
    Sarah | Curious Cuisiniere recently posted..Whole Wheat Pizza Crust in the Bread MachineMy Profile

31. Lane @ Supper for a Steal January 21, 2014 at 10:58 am #

Whoa this looks perfect. I’m such a huge artichoke fan and manchego haha. I would devour it.

32. mjskit January 22, 2014 at 7:44 pm #

Love the last ingredient. :) What a great artichoke spread! Most are full of mayo or sour cream. I love the manchego in this, especially since it is my favorite of all cheeses! Keeping this one Susan!
    mjskit recently posted..Chorizo, Mushroom and Posole (Hominy) SoupMy Profile

33. Oui, Chef January 23, 2014 at 1:58 pm #

WOW does this sound good. You call it a spread but I might just eat it out of the bowl with a spoon!
    Oui, Chef recently posted..Spicy Tamarind Skirt SteakMy Profile

34. Cass @foodmyfriend January 23, 2014 at 6:43 pm #

Isn’t manchego cheese the best? This looks perfect. Was it super zesty?

35. Jess @ Flying on Jess Fuel January 24, 2014 at 3:47 pm #

Oh my goodness, this looks and sounds amazing! I want to stuff my face with a baguette full of it ;)
    Jess @ Flying on Jess Fuel recently posted..Chocolate Chip Chickpea BlondiesMy Profile

36. Tiffany @ Triple Crème Decadence February 25, 2014 at 9:48 am #

What delicious idea! I’ll have to give this a try.