Cauliflower Skillet Steaks - Sicilian Style
Easy weeknight dinner of cauliflower skillet steaks with an easy sauce with red peppers, onion, capers, raisins and McCormick spices.
Servings: 2 steaks
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 1/2 large cauliflower, sliced into 4 1" thick slabs
- 1/4 teaspoon McCormick's Perfect Pinch Roasted Garlic & Bell Pepper Seasoning
- 1 1/2 red bell peppers, sliced into thin strips (about 2 cups)
- 1/2 sweet onion, thinly sliced (about 1 cup)
- 1/3 cup golden raisins
- 1 tablespoon capers
- 3 - 4 tablespoons orange juice, from 1/2 navel orange
- 1 package McCormick's Sicilian Chicken with Tomato
- 1 Tbsp finely chopped parsley
Heat 1 Tbsp olive oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Rub the cauliflower surfaces with 1 Tbsp olive oil and McCormick's Perfect Pinch spices. Add 1 Tbsp oil to the skillet and heat up over medium-high heat. When hot, add the cauliflower. Sear for 2 minutes each side, and add the orange juice, scraping up any bits on the skillet. Simmer for 10 minutes, or until the steaks are soft enough to insert a knife into. Remove to a plate and tent with foil.
Add the final Tbsp oil to the pan and add the red peppers. Sauté until lightly charred and beginning to soften, about 2 minutes. Reduce the heat to medium-low and add the onion, raisins, and capers. Sauté until softened, about 15 minutes. Add the Sicilian Skillet Sauce to the pan and bring to a simmer. Pour over the cauliflower steaks.
Sprinkle with chopped parsley.