Peppermint Mocha Panna Cotta
Perfect holiday dessert. It's easy, quick, and has to chill out in the refrigerator for a couple of hours to set up. This makes it the perfect make-ahead dessert.
- 1/3 cup cold water
- 1 packet unflavored gelatin
- 2 cups whipping cream
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons instant coffee
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Nielsen-Massey Organic Fairtrade Madagascar Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 teaspoon Nielsen-Massey Pure Peppermint Extract
- 1/2 teaspoon Nielsen-Massey Pure Coffee Extract
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder garnish
Place 8 mini martini glasses or dessert molds on a small rimmed sheet pan; set aside. In a small glass measuring cup, add water. Sprinkle gelatin over water and let stand for 5 minutes to soften.
To a medium saucepan, whisk together the whipping cream, sugar, coffee, vanilla, peppermint and coffee extracts. Place over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until sugar is dissolved and the cream just begins to gently boil.
Turn off the heat and add softened gelatin, stirring constantly until gelatin is completely dissolved. Pour the liquid through a strainer into the molds or glasses, dividing the mixture between them. Chill in refrigerator until firm, about 2-3 hours. Before serving, dust with cocoa powder.