Asparagus Gribiche: #SundaySupper
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time15 mins
Total Time25 mins
Servings: 2 mains or 4 sides
- 3 hard boiled eggs
- 3/4 tsp finely chopped garlic
- 2 Tbsp rice vinegar ideally Marukan Seasoned Gourmet Rice Vinegar
- 2 tsp Dijon country mustard
- 1 Tbsp capers coarsely chopped
- 2 Tbsp chopped Italian parsley
- 1 tsp fresh thyme leaves
- ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- ¼ tsp kosher salt optional
- 1 Tbsp thinly sliced green tops of scallions
Preheat the oven to 425˚F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Slice off the bottom 1/3 of the asparagus and discard. Wash, dry, toss in olive oil and lay on the baking sheet. Sprinkle with salt, pepper and lemon juice.
Roast until tender, about 15 minutes.
Remove the yolk from one of the hard boiled eggs, and place in a medium bowl. Mash thoroughly with a fork and whisk in the garlic, rice vinegar, mustard, capers, parsley, and thyme leaves.
Slowly whisk in the olive oil to emulsify. Add salt to taste - you may not need any because of the capers.
Lay the roasted asparagus on a serving dish, top with the sauce.
Julienne the remaining eggs and arrange on top. I use a potato ricer with the disk of the smallest holes, and it works fabulously.
Finish with the green tops of the scallions.