Did you know October 1 is World Vegetarian Day? Or that the entire month of October is Vegetarian Awareness Month? I guess I’m more wimpy than I thought, because I honestly didn’t know. But now that I do, I’m rolling out the red carpet.
As I write this, I’m traveling on a bus through Idaho with the amazing folks from the Idaho Potato Commission and a bunch of bloggers, chefs, food writers, and photographers. The trip has been about potatoes, to be sure, but it’s also been about a love for the land. We've met with farmers on their home turf, so to speak, and witnessed their passion for nutrients in the soil, and the way their crops are harvested, cleaned, and stored, so that healthy vegetables make it to your plate.
Even though I'm traveling this week, I had to sign up to host this event. As we move into a new season, we often look for new recipes, and I invite you all to make a new vegetarian dish in the month of October to celebrate Vegetarian Awareness Month. To get you started, please join us this Sunday, September 25, to check out all of our recipes at Sunday Supper. As a teaser, here are the titles of the dishes we'll be serving up. The full recipes for them all will be available on Sunday!
Best Vegetable Recipes
- Goat Cheese and Red Onion Quesadilla by The Freshman Cook
- Grilled Green Tomato and Mozzarella Salad by Monica’s Table
- Italian Lupini Beans by She Loves Biscotti
- Marinated Olives by Cricket’s Confections
- Orange Ginger Carrot Soup by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Chocolate Orange Beet Cake by Baking Sense
- Chocolate Zucchini Cake by Mindy’s Cooking Obsession
- Make Your Children Eat Their Vegetables…in a Cupcake! by The Ninja Baker
- Zucchini Blueberry Coffee Cake by Pies and Plots
- Baked Eggplant Parmigiana by Powered By BLING
- Burrito Stuffed Peppers by Shockingly Delicious
- Butternut Squash Chili with Beans by The Chef Next Door
- Butternut Squash Zoodles with Fried Sage Sauce by Home Sweet Homestead
- Caprese Stuffed Roasted Eggplant by Sunday Supper Movement
- Cheesy Cauliflower Cake by Food Lust People Love
- Chipotle Tofu Tacos with Plantain by Caroline’s Cooking
- Glazed Carrot and Quinoa Salad with Crispy Chickpeas by Helpful Homemade
- Green Goddess Mac and Cheese by Moore or Less Cooking
- Mujaddara by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Penne-Wise Pumpkin Pasta by Wholistic Woman
- Pumpkin Gnocchi and Spinach with Sage Brown Butter Sauce by The Redhead Baker
- Radical Reuben Sandwich by Palatable Pastime
- Roasted Delicata Squash Fries with Sriracha Aioli by The Hungry Goddess
- Roasted Vegetable Casserole by A Mind "Full"Mom
- Tomato & Feta Crustless Quiche by The Crumby Cupcake
- Spicy Tofu and Rice Stir Fry by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Spinach Stuffed Pasta Shells by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Strawberry Soba Noodle Salad by Sew You Think You Can Cook
- Tomato Vegetable Casserole by Beauty and the Beets
- Vegetarian Sweet Potato Shepherd’s Pie by Take A Bite Out of Boca
- Veggie Pasta Alfredo by Where Latin Meets Lagniappe
- Veggie Riggies: A Rigatoni Sauté by Hardly A Goddess
- Caramelized Onions and Cauliflower by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Cauliflower Tabbouleh with Chickpeas by Simple and Savory
- Cheesy Broccoli Cauliflower Rice by My Life Cookbook
- Locro de Papa (Ecuadorian Potato Soup) by Curious Cuisiniere
- Restaurant Style Mexican Rice by Cosmopolitan Cornbread
- South African Yellow Rice by What Smells So Good?
- Spiralized Sweet Potato and Apple Sauté with Dates by The Wimpy Vegetarian
- Turmeric Hummus Casserole by Dizzy Busy and Hungry
- Vegan Creamy Butternut Squash Soup with Spinach by Cooking Chat
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.
Leave a Reply