A few weeks ago, I kicked off a Vegetarian Challenge that will run all year, designed for anyone wanting to move to a more vegetarian diet.
Even making the decision to go vegetarian one or two days a week takes some planning, because the decision is often made in an attempt to move to a healthier diet. Sure, you can have some kind of vegetarian pasta, and call it your vegetarian commitment, but there's a whole world of new plants out there waiting for you.
Over the next 12 months, we'll dig into common topics such as:
- Great protein-rich meat substitutes
- Foods that provide great umami flavors
- Ways to kick up the flavor of vegetarian dishes
- Ideas for adjusting vegetarian dishes for the omnivores at the table.
- Easy meal prep methods
- Must-have kitchen tools
- Pantry items to always have on hand
- Recipe resources
Another aspect of the Challenge is a monthly contest! Make one of the recipes, take a photo, and send it to me. My assistant and I will select one winner who will win an Amazon Gift Card for $50.
If you haven't sent your photo to me, but want to enter the contest, you need to get it to me by midnight, Pacific Time, January 30.
Check out the original January Vegetarian Challenge post to get the recipes and details!
February Vegetarian Challenge
This weekend will kick off February's Vegetarian Challenge, and our theme is protein. It's a common challenge for anyone wanting to move to a more vegetarian diet, and an even larger challenge if you opt to follow a vegan diet.
We'll cover the following topics:
- How much protein you need
- Plant-based protein sources
- Ways to add plant-based protein to your diet
- A new contest with 3 protein packed dishes to choose from
So, be sure to join me here on the Wimpy Vegetarian this weekend. And don't forget to make one of January's dishes and send me a photo!!