If you love McCormick spices and rubs (their Grill Mates Montreal Steak, Molasses Bacon, and Smokehouse Maple Seasonings are staples in our kitchen, along with their more traditional spices), you’re going to want to try their newest product line: McCormick® Skillet Sauces.
These are ready to go, pourable sauces you can add to sautéed vegetables, whole grains or legumes right in the skillet for flavorful, super easy, and quick dinners. And my husband, Courageous Carnivore (formerly known as Carnivorous Maximus) loves the Sicilian Skillet Sauce with his (beef) steak.
Something for everyone, they come in 7 flavors:
- Smoky Applewood BBQ Chicken with Bacon
- Taco with Chipotle & Garlic
- Sesame Chicken Stir-Fry
- Sweet & Smoky Sloppy Joes
- Fire Roasted Garlic Chili
- Fajita with Roasted Chili, Garlic & Lime
- Sicilian Chicken with Tomato, Basil & Garlic
Note to my vegetarian and vegan readers: these packages don't contain any meat or meat products. The titles only suggest how a family might use them. And they’re made with the same commitment to fresh flavors with all-natural herbs and spices that all McCormick seasonings are known for.
I received a few samples from the McCormick folks and started adding them to our dinners. Since my vegetarian dinner is always in a separate pot or skillet from my husband’s meat-centric meal, this was a perfect solution for dressing up each of our entrées– sometimes with the same Skillet Sauce, sometimes not. Either way, making our separate dinners just got a little easier.
One of my current favorite ways to use these Skillet Sauces is with steaks – cauliflower steaks. I sauté up some strips of red bell pepper and onions with some raisins and capers, then sear the cauliflower steaks in the skillet, crisping up the edges to a light caramelizing, and deglaze with orange juice. At the end I pour in some Sicilian Skillet Sauce, throw together a big salad, and bingo, dinner is ready in about 30 minutes. Nothing could be easier, or more delicious.
Cauliflower Skillet Steaks - Sicilian Style
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- ½ large cauliflower, sliced into 4 1" thick slabs
- ¼ teaspoon McCormick's Perfect Pinch Roasted Garlic & Bell Pepper Seasoning
- 1 ½ red bell peppers, sliced into thin strips (about 2 cups)
- ½ sweet onion, thinly sliced (about 1 cup)
- ⅓ cup golden raisins
- 1 tablespoon capers
- 3 - 4 tablespoons orange juice, from ½ navel orange
- 1 package McCormick's Sicilian Chicken with Tomato
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped parsley
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Rub the cauliflower surfaces with 1 tablespoon olive oil and McCormick's Perfect Pinch spices. Add 1 tablespoon oil to the skillet and heat up over medium-high heat. When hot, add the cauliflower. Sear for 2 minutes each side, and add the orange juice, scraping up any bits on the skillet. Simmer for 10 minutes, or until the steaks are soft enough to insert a knife into. Remove to a plate and tent with foil.
- Add the final tablespoon oil to the pan and add the red peppers. Sauté until lightly charred and beginning to soften, about 2 minutes. Reduce the heat to medium-low and add the onion, raisins, and capers. Sauté until softened, about 15 minutes. Add the Sicilian Skillet Sauce to the pan and bring to a simmer. Pour over the cauliflower steaks.
- Sprinkle with chopped parsley.
For current information on what McCormick is cooking up, go check out their website and follow them on Instagram, Pinterest, and Facebook. And for more ideas of ways to use their new Skillet Sauces, go check out their Pinterest Board!
This post is sponsored by McCormick in conjunction with a social media campaign through Sunday Supper LLC. All opinions are my own.