I have a new favorite condiment from Gourmet Garden.
No, this is not a sponsored post. I should get that out of the way pronto with you. I’m just a huge fan.
I’ve been using Gourmet Garden products for over a year now, and have never been disappointed. The newest line I love is their lightly dried herbs. They started showing up in my local market a few months ago, and the Lightly Dried Ginger is the first one I’ve been have some kitchen fun with. I used it in a chowder soup that serves up flavors of the Islands – it will be published on the Idaho® Potato Commission site around May 1 on here on The Wimpy Vegetarian over the weekend.
And now I’ve used it on this super-easy citrusy-gingery roasted carrots. We’re huge ginger fans here at home, so we loaded it up. But feel free to adjust the amount of ginger to suit your own tastes – it’s potent. Nothing shy at all about it.
Citrus Roasted Carrots with Ginger
- 1 bunch of baby carrots about 5 inches long, and 1 inch in diameter at their tops
- 1/3 cup freshly squeezed orange juice
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon grated ginger I used Gourmet Garden Lightly Dried Ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- Preheat the oven to 400˚ F. Line a baking sheet with foil.
- Slice off the tops from the carrots, peel them, and slice it half lengthwise.
- Combine the remaining ingredients and warm enough to melt the butter. Place the carrots on the foil and form and pouch around them. Pour the the orange juice mixture over them and lightly close the foil around the carrots.
- Roast for 15 minutes. Undo the foil, spread out the carrots, face down, and roast an additional 10 minutes. Serve warm.
This is part of the weekly Food Network #SensationalSides series for their blog FN Dish, and this week’s theme is all about carrots. Go check out what our gang did if you’re looking for some carrot inspiration. And don’t forget to check out our Pinterest Board for ideas for more sensational side dishes this spring.
The Lemon Bowl: Vermicelli Noodle Bowls with Shrimp
TasteBook: Carrot Ravioli with Vadouvan Butter and Carrot Top Pesto
Feed Me Phoebe: Salmon Poke Bowls with Pickled Carrots, Avocado and Spicy Ponzu
Taste with the Eyes: Chickpea Spaghetti with Roasted Carrots, Cilantro Dill Pesto #glutenfreevegan
Red or Green? Healthy Spicy Carrot Fries
Healthy Eats: 6 Quick Ways to Serve Carrots This Spring
The Wimpy Vegetarian: Citrus Carrots with Ginger
FN Dish: 6 Sensational Ways to Take Carrots Beyond Snacking