Make this strawberry coconut soup the day before a party and chill until you’re ready to serve. Just add mint slivers at the last minute.
As the weather heats up, we all look to simplify our cooking lives. Recipes that can be made quickly with only a few ingredients become stars. Bonus points if no actual cooking is required. This week on Sunday Supper, we’re celebrating dishes that have five ingredients or less. Salt, pepper, water, and cooking oil are given a free pass.
This strawberry soup is one I’ve made for years, and always with the best strawberries I can find. For a party, I can make it the day before and keep it in the refrigerator until minutes before serving in small bowls as an appetizer soup.
- If the strawberries aren’t completely ripe, you may need a little extra agave.
- If you use full fat coconut milk, you can reduce the amount by half.
- Don’t ignore the mint slivers. It elevates the soup from good to something truly special. You don’t need much, just a few slivers for a small cup of soup.
Strawberry Coconut Soup with Mint
- 24 ounces hulled strawberries
- 2 Tbsp + 1 tsp agave or coconut nectar
- 3/4 cup + 2 Tbsp low-fat coconut milk
- 1 1/2 tsp lime juice
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- Slivered mint for serving
- Place the strawberries in a food processor or blender, and process until completely smooth. Strain through a chinoise or fine mesh strainer into a bowl.
- Stir in the nectar, coconut milk, lime juice, and salt.
- Chill until ready to serve.
- Serve topped with slivers of fresh mint.
Many thanks to T.R. at Gluten-Free Crumbly blog for hosting us this week! And now go check out all these recipes using 5 ingredients or less.
5 Ingredients or Less
- 2 Ingredient Orange Juice Frosty Drink by The Educators’ Spin On It
- Five Ingredient Sangria by Our Good Life
- Pina Colada Summer Smoothie by Cosmopolitan Cornbread
Appetizers and Snacks
- 5-Ingredient Creamy Avocado Dressing by Take A Bite Out of Boca
- Crescent Jalapeno Poppers by The Weekend Gourmet
- Crockpot Chicken Chili Dip by The Crumby Cupcake
- Gluten Free Peach Salsa by Gluten Free Crumbley
- Grilled Zucchini and Goat Cheese Roll Ups by Food Done Light
- Marinated Feta Tomato Skewers by Noshing with the Nolands
- Roasted Chili-Lime Peanuts by Casa de Crews
- Strawberry Coconut Soup with Mint by The Wimpy Vegetarian
- 3 Ingredient Steak Marinade by MealDiva
- Baked Fajita Chicken by Recipes Food and Cooking
- Crab Pasta by Caroline’s Cooking
- Grilled Portobello Mushrooms by Palatable Pastime
- Healthy Chocolate Protein Pancakes by Momma’s Meals
- Homemade Porcini Almond Pasta by The Joyful Foodie
- Abruzzo Style Cannellini Beans with Fennel & Chicken by Delaware Girl Eats
- Nutella BLT Sandwich by Brunch with Joy
- Salmon in Puff Pastry by Sew You Think You Can Cook
- Simple Brined Roast Chicken with Herbs and Garlic by Crazy Foodie Stunts
- Simple Grilled Tilapia by Cooking Chat
- Simple Summer Shrimp and Asparagus by eating in instead
- Skirt Steak and Grilled Potatoes for a Crowd by Family Foodie
- Slow Cooker Teriyaki Chicken by Nosh My Way
- Slowcooker Ravioli Lasagne by Jane’s Adventures in Dinner
- Brazilian Black Beans by Curious Cuisiniere
- Korean Seasoned Dried Squid (Ojingeochae muchim) by kimchi MOM
- Mashed Cauliflower with Parmesan by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Sauerkraut and Apple Salad by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Sesame Lime Edamame by Magnolia Days
- Southern Style Squash Casserole by Recipe for Perfection
- Tomato, Avocado and Bacon Salad by Peanut Butter and Peppers
- Apple Drop Candy by What Smells So Good?
- Chocolate Toffee Cookies by NinjaBaker.com
- Coconut White Chocolate Truffles by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Easy No Churn Peach Frozen Yogurt by Bobbi’s Kozy Kitchen
- Fluffernutter Cookies by Pies and Plots
- Magic Pudding Dessert by Grumpy’s Honeybunch
- No-Churn Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream Cake by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Rhubarb Crumble by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Creamy Coconut, Roasted Strawberry Chocolate Chip Popsicles by Simply Health Family
- Recipe Substitution Tips by Sunday Supper
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.