Spanish tapas ready in under 15 minutes – Cinnamon Raisin toasts, smeared with apricot jam, and topped with melty chocolate for a quick dessert!
I can be lazy. Maybe you know what I mean. The ‘I-need-a-dessert-in-less-than-15-minutes’ kind of lazy.
Are you with me?
Some folks might just label that as desperate, but I’m sticking with lazy. Somehow that’s better (in my mind) than broadcasting my chocolate habit on the internet, and plastering it all over social media. So when SundaySupper put together this Spanish Tapas theme, I though it would be the perfect time to bring out this little recipe that’s barely a recipe. It’s great bar food (making it a tapas), and it’s super super easy.
I first found it in The Spanish Table Cookbook, and although I changed it quite a bit, I kept its essence. The Spanish Table, I should mention, is a chain of stores here in Northern California and Seattle that sell ingredients and kitchen tools specific to Spanish dishes. If you live here, you much check the store out. It’s a very fun way to spend an hour, and you’ll find some of the biggest paella dishes you’ll ever see.
The original recipe calls for baguette slices toasted with olive oil on the stove top, topped with chocolate pieces melted under the broiler and finished with a drizzle of more olive oil. Sounds fabulous, and but I made a few changes, just because.
First, I used cinnamon raisin bread instead of a baguette. Next, I spread the toasts with apricot jam (Apricot, Vanilla Bean, and Tuaca Jam by Sunchowder’s Emporia, if you must know), and then topped them with a few chocolate shards of Theo’s Chocolate with Ginger. I don’t always link these things, but when you don’t have many ingredients, the quality of each one is crucial.
Rule #1: Don’t use cheap chocolate here. The dessert will be a fail.
- 8 slices cinnamon raisin bread, crusts removed
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 5 tablespoons of your favorite apricot jam
- 6 ounces of your favorite dark chocolate (feel free to use a Spanish chocolate!)
- Cut each slice of bread into 4 squares.
- Melt the butter in a skillet over medium heat and toast the bread in the skillet, about 2 minutes per side. Smear each toast with ½ teaspoon of apricot jam (or more, according to your own taste).
- Using a sharp knife, cut the chocolate into thin shards. Top each toast with a couple of shards. Turn on the broiler and place each toast on a baking sheet. Slide under the broiler for 1½ minutes to 2 minutes, or until the chocolate begins to melt.
- Serve warm from the oven.
Para Empezar, Las Tapas (Appetizers/tapas) –
- Apple, Chorizo, and Manchego Crostini by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Champiñones al Ajillo by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Chorizo and Sweet Potato Spanish Tortilla Bites by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Citrus & Fennel Marinated Olives by Go Epicurista
- Clams Casino Dip with Bacon by Girl Abroad
- Crab Enchilado Empanadas with Avocado Cream by Gourmet Everyday
- Deviled Eggs with Shrimp by Our Good Life
- Gambas al Ajillo (Garlic Shrimp) by Pook’s Pantry
- Garlicky Shrimp with Pancetta Olive Oil by Grumpy’s Honeybunch
- Gazpacho Cucumber Bites by A Mind Full Mom
- Gildas Picantes – Spicy Anchovy Olive Skewers by Food Lust People Love
- Herbed and Spiced Almonds by Get the Good Stuff!
- How to make Beef Sweet Sour Meatballs with Pineapple for #SundaySupper by Asian In America
- Manchego Cheese & Chorizo Bites with Saffron Alioli by Hardly A Goddess
- Margarita Ceviche by The Crumby Cupcake
- Pinchos Morunos (Spanish Pork Skewers) with Mojo Picon by Curious Cuisiniere
- Roasted Bell Pepper Goat Cheese Bites by She Loves Biscotti
- Roasted Eggplant and Piquillo Pepper Toasts by Take A Bite Out of Boca
- Roasted Red Peppers and Anchovies with Bruschetta by The Hungry Goddess
- Seared Scallops with Shredded Manchego and a Bleu Cheese Crumble by The Freshman Cook
- Serrano Ham & Goat Cheese Croquettes by My World Simplified
- Serrano Ham Bites with Melon and Cheese by Palatable Pastime
- Shrimp Romesco Bites by Cooking On The Ranch
- Smoked Sardine Crostini by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Spanish Garlic Shrimp by Life Tastes Good
- Tomato Gazpacho With Fried Avocado Bites by Nik Snacks
- Tortilla de Camarones by The Healthy Fit Foodie
- Tortilla Española by Monica’s Table
- White Wine Marinated Steak with Blue Cheese by Caroline’s Cooking
- Zanahorias Aliñadas (Spanish Marinated Carrots) by Tara’s Multicultural Table
Postres (Desserts) –
- Buñuelos de Viento by Dessert Geek
- Chocolate Orange Macarons by Gluten Free Crumbley
- Chocolate Toasts with Apricot Jam by The Wimpy Vegetarian
- Churro Bites with Chocolate Sauce by Angels Home Sweet Homestead
- Churro Cupcakes by Pies and Plots
- Mini Vanilla Flans by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Mini Dulce de Leche Cheesecakes by The Redhead Baker
Bebidas (Drinks) –
- Tinto de Verano ~ A Sangria alternative by An Appealing Plan
Plus Alcachofas al Ajillo – Garlicky Artichokes – and Spanish Tapas Recipes from Sunday Supper Movement
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board