If you love McCormick spices and rubs (their Grill Mates Montreal Steak, Molasses Bacon, and Smokehouse Maple Seasonings are staples in our kitchen, along with their more traditional spices), you’re going to want to try their newest product line: McCormick® Skillet Sauces.
These are ready to go, pourable sauces you can add to sautéed vegetables, whole grains or legumes right in the skillet for flavorful, super easy, and quick dinners. And my husband, Courageous Carnivore (formerly known as Carnivorous Maximus) loves the Sicilian Skillet Sauce with his (beef) steak.
Something for everyone, they come in 7 flavors:
- Smoky Applewood BBQ Chicken with Bacon
- Taco with Chipotle & Garlic
- Sesame Chicken Stir-Fry
- Sweet & Smoky Sloppy Joes
- Fire Roasted Garlic Chili
- Fajita with Roasted Chili, Garlic & Lime
- Sicilian Chicken with Tomato, Basil & Garlic
Note to my vegetarian and vegan readers: these packages don’t contain any meat or meat products. The titles only suggest how a family might use them. And they’re made with the same commitment to fresh flavors with all-natural herbs and spices that all McCormick seasonings are known for.
I received a few samples from the McCormick folks and started adding them to our dinners. Since my vegetarian dinner is always in a separate pot or skillet from my husband’s meat-centric meal, this was a perfect solution for dressing up each of our entrées– sometimes with the same Skillet Sauce, sometimes not. Either way, making our separate dinners just got a little easier.
One of my current favorite ways to use these Skillet Sauces is with steaks – cauliflower steaks. I sauté up some strips of red bell pepper and onions with some raisins and capers, then sear the cauliflower steaks in the skillet, crisping up the edges to a light caramelizing, and deglaze with orange juice. At the end I pour in some Sicilian Skillet Sauce, throw together a big salad, and bingo, dinner is ready in about 30 minutes. Nothing could be easier, or more delicious.
- 3 Tbsp extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- ½ large cauliflower sliced into 4 1" thick slabs
- ¼ tsp McCormick Perfect Pinch Roasted Garlic & Bell Pepper spice mix
- 1½ red bell peppers, sliced into thin strips (about 2 cups)
- ½ sweet onion, thinly sliced (about 1 cup)
- ⅓ cup golden raisins
- 1 Tbsp capers
- Juice from ½ navel orange, about 3 - 4 Tbsp
- 1 package McCormick's Sicilian Chicken with Tomato, Basil and Garlic Skillet Sauce
- 1 Tbsp finely chopped parsley
- Heat 1 Tbsp olive oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Rub the cauliflower surfaces with 1 Tbsp olive oil and McCormick's Perfect Pinch spices. Add 1 Tbsp oil to the skillet and heat up over medium-high heat. When hot, add the cauliflower. Sear for 2 minutes each side, and add the orange juice, scraping up any bits on the skillet. Simmer for 10 minutes, or until the steaks are soft enough to insert a knife into. Remove to a plate and tent with foil.
- Add the final Tbsp oil to the pan and add the red peppers. Sauté until lightly charred and beginning to soften, about 2 minutes. Reduce the heat to medium-low and add the onion, raisins, and capers. Sauté until softened, about 15 minutes. Add the Sicilian Skillet Sauce to the pan and bring to a simmer. Pour over the cauliflower steaks.
- Sprinkle with chopped parsley.
For current information on what McCormick is cooking up, go check out their website and follow them on Instagram, Pinterest, and Facebook. And for more ideas of ways to use their new Skillet Sauces, go check out their Pinterest Board!
This post is sponsored by McCormick in conjunction with a social media campaign through Sunday Supper LLC. All opinions are my own.
And now go see what the rest of the group cooked up for you today with McCormick’s Skillet Sauces!
- Black and White Bean Chicken Chili by The Dinner-Mom
- Black Bean Taco Salad with Chipotle and Garlic by Ruffles & Truffles
- Cashew Chicken by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Cauliflower Skillet Steaks-Sicilian Style by The Wimpy Vegetarian
- Chicken Enchilada Skillet by The Messy Baker
- Chicken Fajita Rice Bowl by Peanut Butter and Peppers
- Chicken Fried Rice with Sesame Seeds and Almonds by Kudos Kitchen by Renee
- Creamy Sicilian Style Chicken Mushrooms Ham by Family Foodie
- Fajita Quesadillas by The Foodie Army Wife
- Fire Roasted Garlic Chili with Cilantro Lime Rice by Hip Foodie Mom
- One-Pot Chipotle Chicken Taco Pasta by Bobbi’s Kozy Kitchen
- Picadillo by kimchi MOM
- Potato Topped Sloppy Beef Skillet by Magnolia Days
- Savory Jade Chicken in Taro Basket by Brunch with Joy
- Sesame Chicken Stir-Fry over Cauliflower Rice by Casa de Crews
- Shrimp Taco’s with a Baja Cream Sauce by Daily Dish Recipes
- Sicilian Chicken and Mushrooms Spaghetti Squash Casserole by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Sicilian Skillet Chicken over Parmesan Zucchini “Noodles” by Amee’s Savory Dish
- Skillet Sicilian Chickpeas Over Brown Rice by Shockingly Delicious
- Skillet Taco Nacho Bake by The Girl In The Little Red Kitchen
- Smokey BBQ Pulled Chicken Sandwiches With Creamy Coleslaw by Serena Bakes Simply From Scratch
- Smoky Skillet Chicken and Rice by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Sriracha Sesame Shrimp and Grits by I’m Not the Nanny
- Tex-Mex Sloppy Joes by The Weekend Gourmet
- Tres Carne Fire Roasted Garlic Chili over Egg Noodles by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board.