Lettuce wraps of a celery root salad with beluga lentils – a healthy appetizer for your next party!
Get ready to Stuff, Roll, and Wrap this week! We’ve got a great lineup of dishes this week – something for every occasion ranging from your next party to casual school night dinners. This Sunday Supper event also coincides with this month’s Weekday Supper and Sunday Supper Movement magazine monthly theme of “That’s a Wrap!” And a huge thank you to Amy at the Kimchi Mom blog for hosting us this week!!
My contribution this week is a simple lettuce wrap of celery root, radishes, fennel, and beluga lentils dressed in a yogurt, goat cheese, horseradish dressing. Be sure to double the dressing and sock away in the refrigerator. You’ll find a ton of uses for it!
Serves: Makes about 20 lettuce wraps
- 6 tablespoon soft goat cheese with herbs (I use Laura Chenel - my favorite)
- 4 tablespoon + 2 teaspoon plain Greek full-fat yogurt (I use Fage Greek Yogurt)
- 4 tablespoons rice vinegar
- ¾ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 4 tablespoons + 2 teaspoon grated fresh horseradish
- 2 teaspoon minced garlic (2 large garlic cloves)
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cups Beluga Lentils (dried)
- 1 cup thinly sliced fennel
- 3 large radishes, thinly sliced
- 1 large spring onion (1/2 cup)
- 1 crisp apple diced
- 2 cups red cabbage shredded
- 4 cups celery root julienned
- 2 tablespoons sliced mint
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 head of Bibb or Boston lettuce
- Combine all of the dressing ingredients in a small bowl, cover, and let sit for at least one hour to allow the flavors to meld.
- Bring 8 cups of water to a boil. Rinse the lentils and add them to the boiling water. Reduce the heat to a simmer and cook for 20 - 25 minutes, or until tender. Cool under cold water.
- Use a mandolin to thinly slice the fennel, radishes, spring onion and cabbage. Either use the julienne feature on the mandolin to julienne the celery root, or thinly julienne by hand.
- Combine the fennel, radishes, spring onion, apple, cabbage, celery root, mint, lentils and lemon juice together in a large bowl. (You should have 2 cups cooked lentils.) Lightly toss with one half of the dressing. Add salt and pepper if needed.
- Separate the head of lettuce into individual leaves. Scoop approximately ¼ cup of celery root mixture onto each lettuce leaf and drizzle with 2 - 3 teaspoons additional dressing. Serve.
- To eat, gently roll and hold in your hand. Eat and enjoy!
Get ready to roll with this great line up!
Starters and Snacks
- Easy Apple Dumplings by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Endive Stuffed with Blue Cheese, Walnuts and Honey by Shockingly Delicious
- Filipino Turon (Banana Lumpia) by Killer Bunnies, Inc
- Arepas de Queso (cheese stuffed cornmeal cakes) by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Chicken Tinga Taquitos with Avocado Cream by Savvy Eats
- Eggy Rice Wraps by Jane’s Adventures in Dinner
- Puff Pastry and Prosciutto Wrapped Asparagus by The Girl In The Little Red Kitchen
- Onigiri by Brunch With Joy
- Stuffed Pierogie Shells by Seduction in The Kitchen
- Scotch Eggs with Sriracha Dipping Sauce by Run DMT
- Celery Root Lettuce Wraps with Beluga Lentils by The Wimpy Vegetarian
Entrees and Mains
- Rouladen by The Not So Cheesy Kitchen
- Stracci di Antrodoco by Manu’s Menu
- Eggplant Rollatini by MealDiva
- Chicken Cordon Blue by The Foodie Army Wife
- Stuffed Whole Baby Savoy Cabbages by Food Lust People Love
- Chicken Taco Egg Rolls by Table for Seven
- Shrimp Tempura Rolls by Small Wallet, Big Appetite
- Lemon and Herbed Stuffed Salmon by Nosh My Way
- Tamales de Rajas y Requeson (Roasted Poblano Tamales) by La Cocina de Leslie
- Bademjan Shekam-por – Persian Stuffed Eggplant by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Mascarpone Blueberry Stuffed French Toast by gotta get baked
- Korean-style Meaty Stuffed Potatoes by kimchi MOM
- Strawberries and Cream Pancake Roll by Curious Cuisiniere
- Creamy Goat Cheese Quinoa Stuffed Tomatoes by Take A Bite Out of Boca
- Rolled Greek Meatloaf by Kudos Kitchen By Renee
- Shrimp Burritos Con Queso by Cooking On The Ranch
Bee-Bim Bop Sushi Rolls by NinjaBaking.com
- Angel Hair Shrimp Lettuce Wraps by Family Foodie
- Genoa Salami and Kalamata Olive Calzones by The Texan New Yorker
- Zucchini Boats by Confessions of a Culinary Diva
- Girl’s Camp Breakfast Burritos by Hot Momma’s Kitchen Chaos
- Crab Louie Stuffed Chicken by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Rustic “Wrapped” Tart with Ramps by Delaware Girl Eats
- Potato Roll Stuffed with Ham and Cheese in Red Sauce by Basic N Delicious
- Ham, Turkey and Cheddar Turnovers by Magnolia Days
- Crispy Chipotle Shrimp Burritos by Bobbi’s Kozy Kitchen
- Caprese Stuffed Chicken Breasts by Peanut Butter and Peppers
- Pizza Pockets by girlichef
- Ham and Cheese Crescent “Roll” Stromboli by Rants From My Crazy Kitchen
- Beef Wellington Braciole by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Greek Salad Wrap by The Messy Baker
- Cabbage Venison Lettuce Wraps With Fresh Herbs by Sue’s Nutrition Buzz
All things Sweet
- Carrot Cake Cinnamon Rolls by Chocolate Moosey
- Chocolate Hazelnut Rugelach by Desserts Required
- Chocolate Cake Roll by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Cannoli Stuffed French Toast by Momma’s Meals
- Lemon Poppyseed Swirl Cookies by What Smells So Good
- Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Egg Rolls by Melanie Makes
- Raspberry and Lemon Curd Mascarpone Stuffed French Toast by La Bella Vita Cucina
- Chocolate Chip Banana Sweet Rolls by Big Bear’s Wife
- Orange Chocolate Swiss Roll by Noshing With The Nolands
- Salted Caramel Chocolate Cookies by Alida’s Kitchen
- Flourless Peanut Butter and Jelly Cookies by Pies and Plots
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. Check out our #SundaySupper Pinterest board for more fabulous recipes and food photos.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy! You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement