Lettuce wraps of a celery root salad with beluga lentils – a healthy appetizer for your next party!

Lettuce Wraps with Celery Root and Beluga Lentils.

Get ready to Stuff, Roll, and Wrap this week! We’ve got a great lineup of dishes this week – something for every occasion ranging from your next party to casual school night dinners. This Sunday Supper event also coincides with this month’s Weekday Supper and Sunday Supper Movement magazine monthly theme of “That’s a Wrap!” And a huge thank you to Amy at the Kimchi Mom blog for hosting us this week!!

My contribution this week is a simple lettuce wrap of celery root, radishes, fennel, and beluga lentils dressed in a yogurt, goat cheese, horseradish dressing. Be sure to double the dressing and sock away in the refrigerator. You’ll find a ton of uses for it!

Celery Root Lettuce Wraps with Beluga Lentils

Prep Time: 45 minutes

Cook Time: 20 minutes

Total Time: 1 hour

Yield: Makes about 20 lettuce wraps

Ingredients...

Yogurt-Goat Cheese-Horseradish Dressing
  • 6 tablespoon soft goat cheese with herbs (I use Laura Chenel - my favorite)
  • 4 tablespoon + 2 teaspoon plain Greek full-fat yogurt (I use Fage Greek Yogurt)
  • 4 tablespoons rice vinegar
  • 3/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
  • 4 tablespoons + 2 teaspoon grated fresh horseradish
  • 2 teaspoon minced garlic (2 large garlic cloves)
  • 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
  • 1 teaspoon kosher salt
  • Celery Root Lettuce Wraps with Beluga Lentils
  • 1 cups Beluga Lentils (dried)
  • 1 cup thinly sliced fennel
  • 3 large radishes, thinly sliced
  • 1 large spring onion (1/2 cup)
  • 1 crisp apple diced
  • 2 cups red cabbage shredded
  • 4 cups celery root julienned
  • 2 tablespoons sliced mint
  • 1 teaspoon lemon juice
  • 1 head of Bibb or Boston lettuce

Directions...

Yogurt-Goat Cheese-Horseradish Dressing
  1. Combine all of the dressing ingredients in a small bowl, cover, and let sit for at least one hour to allow the flavors to meld.
  2. Celery Root Lettuce Wraps with Beluga Lentils
  3. Bring 8 cups of water to a boil. Rinse the lentils and add them to the boiling water. Reduce the heat to a simmer and cook for 20 - 25 minutes, or until tender. Cool under cold water.
  4. Use a mandolin to thinly slice the fennel, radishes, spring onion and cabbage. Either use the julienne feature on the mandolin to julienne the celery root, or thinly julienne by hand.
  5. Combine the fennel, radishes, spring onion, apple, cabbage, celery root, mint, lentils and lemon juice together in a large bowl. (You should have 2 cups cooked lentils.) Lightly toss with one half of the dressing. Add salt and pepper if needed.
  6. Separate the head of lettuce into individual leaves. Scoop approximately 1/4 cup of celery root mixture onto each lettuce leaf and drizzle with 2 - 3 teaspoons additional dressing. Serve.
  7. To eat, gently roll and hold in your hand. Eat and enjoy!

Cooking Notes...

The lentils and dressing can both be made up to 3 days ahead.

Schema/Recipe SEO Data Markup by ZipList Recipe Plugin

Get ready to roll with this great line up!

Starters and Snacks

Entrees and Mains

All things Sweet

Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. Check out our #SundaySupper Pinterest board for more fabulous recipes and food photos.

Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy! You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement

Tags: , , ,

31 Responses to “Celery Root Lettuce Wraps – #SundaySupper” Subscribe

1. Family Foodie April 13, 2014 at 2:27 am #

What a fantastic recipe! Can’t wait to try this one.
    Family Foodie recently posted..Angel Hair Shrimp Lettuce Wraps #SundaySupperMy Profile

2. Lea Ann (Cooking On The Ranch) April 13, 2014 at 4:46 am #

Nice! I’ve been on a lettuce wrap binge lately and I’ll add this to the collection. And I need to stop walking by that celery root at Whole Foods like it’s something from outer space. I’ll be trying this one. That dressing sounds incredible. Thanks for sharing.

3. apuginthekitchen April 13, 2014 at 5:33 am #

Oh my these sound great and i LOVE the dressing, Perfect light lunch or dinner. Crunchy and fresh and perfect for Spring and Summer.
    apuginthekitchen recently posted..Coconut Pineapple Layer CakeMy Profile

4. Jennifer @ Peanut Butter and Peppers April 13, 2014 at 5:45 am #

I just love lettuce wraps! Your recipe looks so good! What a great appetizer!

5. Amy Kim (@kimchi_mom) April 13, 2014 at 6:12 am #

Lettuce wraps sound so fitting for spring! I need to same as Lea Ann and try the celery root!

6. Jennifer Miller April 13, 2014 at 6:21 am #

These look amazing! I love the way lettuce wraps add a crunch to any meal! So yummy!
    Jennifer Miller recently posted..Eggplant Rollatini #SundaySupperMy Profile

7. Marlene @Nosh My Way April 13, 2014 at 6:45 am #

This is on my list of things I HAVE GOT TO MAKE. I love lettuce wraps and these look so delicious
    Marlene @Nosh My Way recently posted..Lemon and Herb Stuffed Salmon #SundaySupperMy Profile

8. Seduction In The Kitchen April 13, 2014 at 7:30 am #

I really like this! I am always looking for healthier alternatives and these look great!!!
    Seduction In The Kitchen recently posted..#SundaySupper Stuffed Pierogie ShellsMy Profile

9. Tara April 13, 2014 at 8:03 am #

This is a great recipe, I love the very under utilized celery root!! My mother would make a salad on occasion with it and it reminds me of her!

10. Christy April 13, 2014 at 8:52 am #

This looks like the perfect dinner – especially with our warm, okay sweltering temps in Palm Springs!

11. Liz April 13, 2014 at 9:01 am #

I would have never thought of filling lettuce wraps with lentils…but I love it!!! Both beautiful and delicious!

12. Stacy April 13, 2014 at 11:03 am #

Well, blow me away! I just saw beluga lentils for the very first time the other day and, of course, I had to buy them. Such beautiful black shiny orbs. They’ve been sitting in my kitchen cabinet because I hadn’t decided what to do with them yet. Now I know.
    Stacy recently posted..Stuffed Whole Baby Savoy Cabbages #SundaySupperMy Profile

13. Hezzi-D April 13, 2014 at 11:54 am #

These look so fresh and delicious! Gorgeous!

14. Renee April 13, 2014 at 12:06 pm #

I’ll take the whole platter, please and thank you.
    Renee recently posted..Ham, Turkey, and Cheddar Turnovers for #SundaySupperMy Profile

15. Susan April 13, 2014 at 12:41 pm #

That dressing sounds incredible! I bet it would great on a number of things! What a lovely salad too!

16. Julie @ Texan New Yorker April 13, 2014 at 5:08 pm #

Love lettuce wraps! And that dressing sounds so amazing…

17. Linda | Brunch with Joy April 13, 2014 at 7:04 pm #

Wow Susan, love your lettuce wraps, especially with Yogurt-Goat Cheese-Horseradish Dressing. I can imagine how fresh and crunchy it must be.
    Linda | Brunch with Joy recently posted..Onigiri for #SundaySupperMy Profile

18. cheri April 13, 2014 at 8:33 pm #

Oh does this recipe speak to me, love the flavor combinations. So pretty too. Are you done with your kitchen renovation yet?
    cheri recently posted..Artichokes with Garlic and Anchovy Panko ToppingMy Profile

19. Shaina April 13, 2014 at 8:41 pm #

I love how simple this recipe is, and how beautiful it looks!
    Shaina recently posted..Creamy Goat Cheese Quinoa Stuffed Tomatoes for #SundaySupperMy Profile

20. Choc Chip Uru April 13, 2014 at 11:19 pm #

I am loving these lettuce wraps, what a healthy edible bowl of fresh goodness :D

Choc Chip Uru recently posted..CCU Undercover: Cake, Bake & Sweets Show Part #3My Profile

21. Laura April 14, 2014 at 1:57 am #

I am trying to eat less bread and love making lettuce wraps for lunch. I am loving the new inspiration to try for my lunch. Hopefully I can try these babies this week.

22. Bobbi's Kozy Kitchen April 14, 2014 at 10:00 am #

Oh I adore lettuce wraps and love all of the fabulous flavors you have going on here!!
    Bobbi’s Kozy Kitchen recently posted..Crispy Chipotle Shrimp Burritos for “Stuff, Roll, and Wrap” #SundaySupperMy Profile

23. Shannon R April 14, 2014 at 10:33 am #

Lots of great flavours packed into this little parcel, I can’t wait to try them. I love lentils anyway, what a great excuse to eat them more.

24. Tammi @ Momma's Meals April 14, 2014 at 10:38 am #

These look amazing! That dressing is a must try for me! Thanks for sharing.

25. Laura Dembowski April 14, 2014 at 12:54 pm #

I love this idea for lettuce wraps. Light dinners are my favorite. I love lentils but sometimes don’t know quite what to do with them. Great idea!
    Laura Dembowski recently posted..Microwave Caramel SauceMy Profile

26. Norma Chang April 14, 2014 at 4:40 pm #

A very healthy and tasty dish. I would probably cut back on the horseradish though.
    Norma Chang recently posted..Harvest Monday, April 14, 2014 – Windowbox Planting + Seeds startingMy Profile

27. Cathy April 14, 2014 at 5:12 pm #

I love the healthy attributes and tasty flavors — gotta try this
    Cathy recently posted..Spring Arrives Bringing Rustic “Wrapped” Tart with Ramps #SundaySupperMy Profile

28. Julie April 14, 2014 at 5:45 pm #

These look fabulous!!

29. Sarah April 15, 2014 at 6:49 pm #

Great idea!

30. laurasmess April 17, 2014 at 2:35 am #

Yum, these look gorgeous. A fantastic adaptation of the stuff, roll and wrap theme! I’m loving this, actually… probably as I adore hand-held food. I will definitely make these delicious lentil wraps! xx
    laurasmess recently posted..Bib & Tucker, North FremantleMy Profile